Parrano® Pizza Blanca with Roasted Garlic Artichoke Sauce
Cheesy perfection is hard to deny, especially when it’s covering a light and creamy white sauce. We took the classic cheese pizza and put an undeniably divine twist on the sauce! This unique sauce incorporates the rich taste of roasted garlic with the earthy tang of artichoke hearts and sweet shallot. Make sure to save some of the sauce for dipping…it is incredible!
Write a review
- 1 package fresh pizza dough
- 1 large shallot
- 1 garlic head – roasted
- ¼ cup unsalted butter
- 1 Tbsp all-purpose flour
- 2 cups heavy cream, warm
- Small jar artichoke hearts, drained
- 4 sprigs fresh Thyme
- 1 cup grated Parrano® Cheese
- Salt and Pepper
- 1. Let pizza dough rest on counter while preparing sauce.
- 2. Mince shallot and lightly chop roasted garlic. In a large saucepan, add butter and shallot and cook over low heat until shallots are transparent, about 5 minutes. Season with a pinch of salt.
- 3. Add garlic and cook for 1 minute. Add flour and stir until combined. Turn heat up to medium-low and cook for a few minutes.
- 4. Slowly stir in warmed cream. Stir constantly to prevent lumps. Bring mixture to a simmer and cook until slightly thickened. Set aside to cool.
- 5. In a blender, place artichoke hearts, fresh thyme, and cooled white sauce. Blend until smooth and creamy.
- 6. Rub medium size cast iron skillet with olive oil and garlic clove. Place dough in pan and stretch to desired crust thickness. Top with sauce and grated Parrano® cheese.
- 7. Bake at 450ºF for 20 minutes or until golden brown.